Thursday, June 21, 2012

Three Things Thursday

1.  I made striped curtains for the guest room. 
That room needs some style TLC, mostly because, left unchecked, I have a tendency to choose a monochromatic color palette.  As a result, everything in  the room is a taupy gold. 
So, I cut up the existing curtains (that were the exact same color as the walls) and inserted panels of an accent color -- cream.  I know. 
Totally wild, right?
At least the bold stripes add some punch, even if my colors don't.  I'm still working on it. 
Charlotte went on nap-strike to help me with the curtains. 
Thanks for your support, buttercup.

Open the curtains...close the curtains!
2.  Kristopher works out at the crack of dawn most mornings.  He is usually a little groggy when he's leaving the house before the sun comes up, so he lays out his work clothes the night before so he can shower after his workout and dress in the gym locker room.
The other day, he was getting dressed after a work out.  As he was putting on his boots, he discovered that one was full of sliced ham.
Oops. 
Guess Barrett didn't eat a huge dinner last night, like I thought.  He was squirreling away his ham into Daddy's empty boots by the back door.
Who, me??
3.  And perhaps more importantly: Kristopher, how did that ham boot make it all the way to the gym without you noticing the assuredly fragrant day-old-ham-odor??  Don't you have to carry them in the enclosed cab of your truck and then put them in your locker while you work out?  Didn't you catch a ham-y whiff after you opened that closed up locker post-workout??
This wasn't unusual for you?  No warning bells??
Hm.  Am I the only one who thinks this is odd?
Discuss amongst yourselves.

2 comments:

  1. I am dying laughing here! Ham odor? IN the BOOT?? Warning bells?? Guess we should give Kristopher a break, this time . .

    Meanwhile, little buttercup and little butterbean are cuter than ever, if that's even possible.

    New curtains look great too! (Almost feel like I'm talking to myself as I read this . . monochromatic color palette of taupey gold . . Hm. :) How did this happen??)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is hilarious! I love the sweet innocent pic of Barrett to accompany the story! TOO CUTE.

    And what wonderful support you had regarding the curtains. I'm sure Miss Charlotte is part of why they look so good! I really do like the curtains. You and your craftiness just continue to impress.

    LOVE YOU ALL!!!

    ReplyDelete