Monday, November 28, 2011

You Can Make This: Holiday Appliques

Make your list, and check it twice!
The holidays are a fun time to make children's appliques.  Anyone can do it, even without a sewing machine (although it does help to make you appliques permanent by sewing them down, you could easily use iron-on interfacing for holiday clothes, especially since they will only be worn and washed for about a month). 

Fall appliques
Turkey turtleneck and candy corn shirt with matching brown gingham pants
Here's a few of the Christmas outfits I've made for Barrett and Charlotte:
Rudolph the red-nosed reindeer with glitter pom-pom noses, to light Santa's path, of course. 
Barrett LOVES pointing out the red nose to passersby when he wears this...
Also made this outfit as a holiday gift for two sweet cousins!
Santa Claus is coming to town!
Santa still needs a mouth...I'm thinking solid red felt.  His beard is fluffy white minky fur and his hat has a white pom-pom!
And matching Christmas pajamas!


They could also wear the ornament shirts with the red gingham bottoms that go with the Santa turtlenecks.
I'm having so much fun!  Although, I think I'm done with the Christmas outfits for this year, at least for my own kiddos.  Hopefully, I got my sizing just right and a few of these may even fit next year!!  It would be a Christmas miracle...

1 comment:

  1. Cute, cute, CUTE! It tickles me so much when I get those special opportunities to see your work in progress . . . turning all these little pieces of fabric and trim into another masterpiece! (This coming from a woman who only knows how to sew on a button.)

    ReplyDelete