Monday, November 28, 2011

Thank-full

When I stop to think about it -- really ponder hard -- I am completely overwhelmed by the blessings that God has placed in our life.  Of course, it is important to remember these blessings every day, but in honor of Thanksgiving, I wanted to dedicate an entire post of why I am FULL of thanks.
Look at the baby cousins!
Seven reasons to be thank-full, just right here!
No matter how hectic life can become as a mother of two small children, it is important to consciously cherish each precious moment.  I know this is my worn-out refrain, but it is so true and really resonates with our personal family experiences.

Most certainly, my cup runneth over with thankfulness that Barrett's heart is miraculously healed.  Without a doubt, I know that God touched his little heart to heal it, and we have felt His comforting presence throughout this journey.  God must have very special  plans for Barrett and we endeavor to do our very best job in raising him so he can fulfill the potential that God has laid out for him. 

And of course, I am endlessly thankful for baby Charlotte too~  Just when I thought I couldn't possibly love another baby the way I love Barrett, God blessed us with our sweet little buttercup, and we discovered a different -- and equally fulfilling -- type of love.  I love her smiles, her easy-going attitude, and sweet disposition.  I can't wait to see both of these babies grow up, but at the same time, I want to slow down every second of the day so it doesn't pass by too quickly.  I am so thank-full for our children.

Although I don't want to make him blush, I really couldn't do a thank-full post without mentioning Kristopher.  He is truly my rock, comforter, partner-in-silliness, and best friend.  I love him more than I knew I could -- and even knowing this, it surprises me how that love deepens further as the years and life experiences enrich our relationship.  I love you. 

Last but not least, I think I speak for both of us when I say that we are thank-full for our awesome family and friends.  This support system is another huge blessing and source of thanks~~ we have *amazing* people in our lives who are upbeat, fun to be around, supportive, excellent listeners, silly, dependable, unwavering.  What more could you ask for?? 

Kristopher and his brother, in matching Tonka pjs with their trucks.
So appropriate, since they grew up to own a construction company together!!

Me and my sister, Jessica, at a family friend's recent wedding
In fact, this bounteous bevy of benefactors has given me the maturity and courage to let go of relationships that drag me down.  Guess what??  Not everyone has to like you.  And guess what else??  YOU might choose to remove yourself from a relationship because it is not best for YOU.

Groundbreaking stuff, huh?  Sometimes, you just have to cancel your subscription and let it go.
Eliminating poison from your life is important, so that you can focus on the wonderfulness you already have :)  Doesn't it seem silly to waste time fretting over toxic people or influences in your life, when you could be spending that time celebrating the positives?  I think so.  I am thankful for that realization.

Also, I have to admit, that I am thankful the Christmas season is here!!  My very favorite time of year~~ everything just seems merry and bright.

Trying to corrale my squirmy boy for a quick picture while we picked out our Christmas tree.
We got the one in the middle behind us -- the fattest one we could find!
I hope everyone had a very thank-full Thanksgiving and is enjoying the kick-off to the holiday season!

2 comments:

  1. Well-said and I am so proud of you for saying all this. It takes a wise woman to recognize and fully appreciate your bountiful blessings and nurturing relationships ~ and also to realize that change can be a very good thing.
    Love, Love, Love,

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE this post!! That's a lot of baby cousins first of all. Super cute!! AND...oh my gosh I want that cancel my subscription sign! What a great motto to hang above the back door. Keep celebrating the positives! You have so many, and 2 are those sweet babies of your :)

    ReplyDelete