Friday, August 12, 2011

Weather Update: Hell is Frozen Over. In Related News: I Learned to Sew

That's right, y'all. 
I can sew!  I know, it's shocking, considering my renowned inability to reliably operate my automatic monogramming machine.
My mother-in-law gave me a sewing machine for my birthday and I've been having SEW MUCH FUN (sorry, couldn't resist the pun).  I like it even more than I thought~~
The very first thing I made was John Deere pajama pants and an applique shirt for Barrett:


Sleepy time
Next up, I made shorts and a matching applique shirt:


Are you detecting an applique theme??  I'm really into the appliques lately, but I love making the shorts/pants to go with them so there is a whole outfit. 


I haven't made matching shorts for these shirts yet.  Hopefully soon.

Let's be honest, I've dreaded the transition to "big boy clothes" (ie, jeans, collared shirts, separates, etc) since the day he was born, and I still dress him in smocked clothes and bubbles when Kristopher isn't looking.  But, I'm satisfied that the matching applique/shorts combos are "big boy" but still cute.  Everyone wins, right??
Now I want to make something for baby Charlotte!  Although I'm a little intimidated by the difficulty factor of ruffles, and puffed sleeves, and all the pretty girly-type things.  We'll see how it goes...

4 comments:

  1. Sooooo impressed. When do you begin taking orders? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, first off . . he's still a BABY, so it's okay to be VERY CUTE as he transitions into Big Boy outfits. Trucks & tractors, I totally get it. New favorites are very important! (My personal favorites? Gotta be the sailboat. The crab too . . . going through a million black buttons to find 2 that match for the eyes? . . . worth remembering . . ) :)

    Congratulations on your early success! Learning to use your wonderful sewing machine could launch your becoming an "heirloom sewing lady." Hey ~ it could happen!

    Btw, let me just comment on sweet Charlotte sitting there holding herself up like such a Big Girl! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Barrett is going to be the cutest dressed boy with all of those amazing appliqued outfits you made!

    ReplyDelete