Sunday, June 12, 2011

And They Lived Happily Ever After...

Barrett has always enjoyed storytime. 
I can remember reading to him when he was only a few days old.  I felt a little silly at the time, but he seemed to enjoy it, so I thought, why not?
I haven't had as much time to read to Charlotte, unless Barrett happens to be napping when storytime strikes us.  But, I recently discovered how fun it is to read to them together


 I don't know why this didn't occur to me before.  Maybe because Charlotte wasn't sturdy enough to sit in my lap while I also held Barrett and turned pages in a book.  Or maybe because I am just now emerging from the fog that engulfed me when I became the mother of two small children...
Either way, now we're doing it, so better late than never, right?~~



The book distracts Barrett long enough for him to sit still and not wiggle out of my grasp, and Charlotte is just happy to be there. 

Ok fine, Barrett doesn't sit still through the whole story because he soon realizes he is within reach of baby Charlotte.  Then, the whole circus of trying to get to her kicks into high gear and story time is out the window.  But, it was fun while it lasted~

Barrett: Hey baby!!  Hey baby!!
(said repeatedly at increasing volume to get Charlotte's attention...)
Barrett: Look, mama!  This is Charlotte's nose!
Barrett:  Are you sleepy, baby Charlotte?  Let me cover your yawn. 
Maybe you should go night-night so us grown-ups can stay up and play.

2 comments:

  1. Well, you know how we feel about storytime. It sure was great when you girls were little ~ even if we only made it through a few pages.

    So neat that your own kiddos are enjoying these special times with mama & daddy! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwww. This looks like SUCH a sweet time! Your babies love you!

    ReplyDelete