Sunday, March 27, 2011

Strawberry Shortcake(s)

I can never tell when a baby looks like his mama or daddy.  People always exclaim "oh!!  the baby looks just like [insert adult family member here]."  I usually just nod and smile.  I don't really get how an infant is supposed to look like an adult, but I don't want to be rude or disagreeable, so I just go along with it.  What's the harm?

However, I actually CAN see where babies or siblings look like each other.  It's not as big of a leap to compare two children as it is to compare a child and an adult, you know?  Anyway, when I looked back at Barrett's baby pictures, I was surprised that he and Charlotte looked so similar at this age~  see what I mean?

Baby Charlotte

Baby Barrett
I can remember secretly thinking it was so odd that everyone always commented on Barrett's red hair when he was a baby -- I thought he was "strawberry blonde."  Clearly, everyone else was right, because his hair is NOT blonde now. 
More of a light auburn than carrot top, no?
I think it will be the same with Charlotte.  Her hair looks dark to me, but it photographs kinda red, just like Barrett's hair at this age. 
Her hair started out dark...and now it is growing in lighter, but reddish. 

I think we're going to have two blue-eyed red-headed babies on our hands.  Who would have guessed?

Cute babies with red hair get a LOT of attention at the St. Patrick's Day parade.



1 comment:

  1. These pretty babies look like themselves!! They're unique!
    P.S. I continue to be impressed with Barrett's coloring skills :)

    ReplyDelete