Thursday, March 3, 2011

One Twelfth of a Year Old

Charlotte is one month old! 
Propped in her chair, for her official one month birthday picture
She already has several accomplishments~~
::  Holding her head up and looking around -- she is remarkably strong and has great neck control
::  Getting on a consistent feeding schedule.  This one was tough, and may change at any moment, so I don't want to jinx it.  I was able to get Barrett on a schedule of even increments (2.5h between each feeding, then 3h, then 3.5h, etc, you know the drill) but Charlotte seemed so much less predictible.  Or maybe I'm just more tired this time around and I'm not doing it correctly.  Anyway, she's on the same schedule every day, but there are not even increments of time between each feeding. 
This was driving me c-r-a-z-y. 
Then, the pediatrician assured me it still counts as a "schedule" since she eats at the same times every day, even though those times aren't evenly spaced.  2a, 5a, 7a, 9a, 12:30p, 4p, 7p, 9p
Brace yourself for an epiphany -- children are not all the same and they don't always act like the book says.  Wowzers.  At now least I know what to expect.  She's consistently inconsistent~~
::  Smiling on purpose.  I've never been fast enough to catch it on camera, but she definitely smiled at me on purpose, as opposed to the sweet little smiles she also has when she's sleeping.
::  Enjoying (and sometimes just tolerating) exuberant pats, hugs, and kisses from big brother Barrett.  He just can't keep his hands off her. 


They were in the jogging stroller yesterday for a walk and when I looked down to check on them I discovered that he had his hand in her mouth!  What??!  Why would he do that?  He's fast and sneaky.  But I love that he loves her so much~~

and, perhaps her biggest accomplishment...
(drumroll, please)
::  Sleeping in her crib!
She was sleeping in her cradle in our room, but we were to the point that she was waking us up with her little purrs and grunts and we were waking her up if we breathed, blinked an eyelash, etc.  Barrett didn't sleep a night in his crib until he was 10 weeks old, so this was WAY earlier than I planned for her, but it worked out just fine.  She seemed happy.  Don't get me wrong -- she isn't sleeping through the night or anything, I just go in the nursery to feed her now, but it still seems like a big step to sleep in her own room.  Yay Charlotte!

3 comments:

  1. Well I am just SO proud of both of them! Charlotte continues to look like a beautiful little doll and is such a big girl to be sleeping in her big bed. And Barrett must be the best big brother ever and looks like he is proud too. In the last pic he seems to be saying YAAAY!! Love, Love, Love

    ReplyDelete
  2. My goodness, your sweet mom must have rubbed off on the members of the Klar clan! Charlotte looks so much like her in that one month photo!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Charlotte is absolutely beautiful, and she and Barrett are so sweet together! Great job, Mommy!

    ReplyDelete