Thursday, February 17, 2011

My Funny Valentine

We just barely got it together to make Valentines this year, but I'm glad we found time to squeeze them in.  We made double-sided hearts with Barrett's handprint on one side and Charlotte's footprints on the other. 
Sweet little hands and feet
I love having their little handprints and footprints at different ages so I can remember how big they were.

Anyway, Barrett was very cooperative!!  It also helped that, for the first time ever on a baby craft project, I wasn't flying solo and had several extra pairs of hands to help corral the mess and minimize the paint smears.

On a sad note, my mom returned home on Valentine's Day, aftering staying with us since Charlotte was born.  She was a HUGE help and we were all sad to see her go.  We hope she comes back again soon!! 

Although I'll admit to moments of panic when both babies cry at the same time and I wonder how I'll ever do it by myself, eek!, it has been good for me to settle into a daily routine with the kiddos.

When you're sleep-deprived, just the thought of getting gussied up for a romantic evening out is exhausting, so on Valentine's evening, we had dinner at home, took a walk around the neighborhood~~

And also found time for sweet kisses for baby sister

Happy Valentine's Day!

2 comments:

  1. Just love the Valentines. It's fun to keep it on the fridge and flip it over every day or so to see Barrett's hand, and then Charlotte's feet! Glad that Barrett is such an attentive Big Brother!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I recognize those pajamas on Charlotte! She looks precious :)

    ReplyDelete