Monday, November 8, 2010

I'm Going to See a Man About a Horse

A carousel horse, that is. 
Barrett and I visited my parents recently, and my mom had a great idea -- let's take Barrett for his first carousel ride at the mall!  Everything was already decorated for Christmas (which I love) and the carousel looked just as pretty as I remember when I was little.  The ride went pretty well...

"Pretty well" = no tears

We put him on the horse (not one of the wimpy stationary giraffes or frogs for us!) and got ready for the ride to start.  But then, the carousel started going around in circles, as carousels tend to do, and his horse started moving up and down. 

He was a little unsure about this part, but still, no tears, so it was a success!!  Of course, we went for a second ride too and sat in the stationary sleigh this time, which he liked too.

Afterwards, we stopped by Haagen-Dazs for ice cream (raspberry sorbet for me and German chocolate for mama -- the same flavors we've both been getting for the past 25 years).  Barrett loves tasting ice cream, so he was all for taking part in this tradition.

I thought it was so cool to take Barrett for the same carousel/Haagen-Dazs combo treat at the same mall where my mom took me and my sister when we were little.  Pretty neat, huh?

2 comments:

  1. What a fun ride! Double fun getting to do the same ride and ice cream with our youngest generation. Maybe mama & daddy can take Barrett for the next ride!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How sweet is that?! Barrett looks like he enjoyed his first carousel ride! And who knows, maybe one day he will take his little ones there and do the same thing and think about his sweet Mama!

    ReplyDelete