Friday, October 8, 2010

Pedal to the Metal

Barrett has a new set of wheels -- a tricycle!  He's going through a stage where he is scared of new things and starts to cry when forced in an uncomfortable situation, ie, the tape gun we used to close boxes during the move, loud cheering for football games, and apparently, the fear of falling off his tricycle.

I was trying to stifle my giggles when I heard Kristopher emphatically tell him "There's no crying in motorcycle riding!!!"  Um, first of all, I think that was a throw back to Tom Hanks' "no crying in baseball" in A League of Their Own
It went over Barrett's head, but I appreciated it.  Barrett also didn't get the humor when I told him the other day that "no one puts Baby in the corner!" a la Patrick Swayze from Dirty Dancing
We must start Barrett's film education soon.
And second, a miniature wooden tricycle is not quite the same as a motorcycle....I guess calling it a motorcycle makes it more manly?  Sort of like how he refused to refer to Barrett's baby "gowns," and instead called them "man sacks."  Whatever makes you feel better, babe :)
Anyway, he got the hang of it quickly, and then he was off!

I think all this this practice taking steps on his own (without holding my fingers) will help him learn to walk.  Even if it doesn't, he is so cute scooting around on his little tricycle. 


See ya later, alligator!

3 comments:

  1. that's cute - i'm trying to get aaron to push with his feet on his riding toy. no luck yet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He looks so big riding around on his new tricycle! And definitely some favorite new pics. Love the new wheels!

    ReplyDelete
  3. New favorite photos....and none of those are the ones from the movies! What a precious boy. I can't wait to see you guys next week.

    (my favorite is "see you later alligator". I want to know how you got him to wave for that photo!)

    ReplyDelete