Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Pink or Blue?

We are only days away from learning whether our new bundle of joy is a son or daughter and the anticipation is killing me.  I've been pretty patient this pregnancy, but maybe I was just distracted by all of the moving hoopla and was giving myself too much credit for "patience" because now that the time is almost here, I can't stand it.  With Barrett, Kristopher and I both had a strong *boy* feeling.  Here's the stats for this time around.

Reasons the New Baby Might be a Boy:
1.  It is statistically more likely.  I read somewhere that boy births make up 54% of all babies.  But, you know what they say about statistics...they are made up 64.5% of the time.
2.  When I think about the baby, I refer to it as a boy.  He is the size of a navel orange this week.  His little heart is developing.  Etc, etc.  But, maybe that is just because my only other pregnancy was a boy baby, so I'm pre-programmed for the masculine references?
3.  My friend, Tiffany, says it is a boy.  She has an amazingly accurate track record.
4.  We are having a little more trouble deciding on a boy name, so that must mean the new baby is a boy. 

Reasons the New Baby Might be a Girl:
1.  This pregnancy is totally different from my last, considering the extreme and debilitating morning sickness, which, by the way, is not limited to the morning.  Luckily, it seems to have improved dramatically in the last few weeks now that I'm safely within the second trimester.  But I don't want to jinx it. 
2.  The Chinese Baby Calendar (google it for fun) says it is a girl.  No way that can be wrong, right?
3.  I recently found myself examining a package of pink toile baby bedding in Bye Bye Baby, without realizing it.  But maybe it was just because I like toile. 
4.  We already have everything we would need to clothe, swaddle, and entertain a baby boy, so doesn't it just make sense that we would have a girl instead?

Either way, I know we will be thrilled.  I am so in love with my little boy that I can't imagine having anything but more boys!  But, it would be fun to to have a little girl too~~ It might give Sassy a break from her doggie wardrobe (Which I still contend is her preference, by the way.  She flounces around more when she's in a dress and she jumps up and down every time I open her clothes drawer because she wants to put something on.  I swear, its true.  But back to the new baby...)

I have an inkling in one direction, but I'm keeping it to myself for now~~~  Only a few more days til I can pick out a paint color for the nursery!

4 comments:

  1. Your friend Tiffany does have a pretty good track record, BUT she was wrong with my 3rd. She said it would be another boy, but we finally got our girl!
    I would have been fine with a house full of boys too, but our little Allie is soooo sweet!

    I'm pullin' for a girl!!!

    Staecy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well I have to tell you that it seems to be a girl year around here. I am pregnant with another little girl, my sister in law is having a girl, three of my friends are having girls, ect. I can't wait to find out. Are you guys doing anything special to tell everyone? I did a big gender reveal party this time, but last time we did Hershey bars (HE, SHE) for friends and albums for the grandparents. Can't wait to find out. What day do you find out?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha, thanks Stacey! By the way, your baby Allie is just gorgeous, I love seeing at her pictures.
    Julie, it is so good to hear from you! Another girl?? Congratulations, how wonderful! Is Emerson excited baout being a big sister?
    We were thinking about having a cake made that is either pink or blue when you cut into it, but I haven't decided for sure. I want to do something fun~

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness! I had no idea you were pregnant! Congratulations! That is so incredibly exciting! Yay! Can't wait to hear what the baby is!

    ReplyDelete