Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Life is a Bowl Full of Cherries When You Have Breakfast With Dolly

We were starting our morning, as usual, with fruit for breakfast.  Today was special because Barrett was getting an entire bowlful of cherries, a favorite.  I usually do a combo of three fruits of either cherries, blueberries, peaches, pears, apples, etc.  But, I was running low on the others and had a cherry surplus, so decided to treat him.  We normally listen to a particular CD of children's songs while Barrett is dining, but this morning I wasn't in the mood, probably because I'd gone to bed the night before and couldn't get the music out of my head ("Did you ever see a bee with a sunburned knee??  Did you ever see a whale with a polka-dotted tail??  Did you ever see a moose kissing a goose??")  You get the picture.  So, I decided this morning we would listen to Good Morning America instead and catch up on a little news. Barrett was happily chowing down when I noticed that he was staring at the TV over my shoulder, slack jawed, in total awe.

It was Dolly Parton, in all her big-haired, sequined, and beaded trim glory.  Barrett was paying rapt attention to her -- now ignoring the cherries -- which I found totally hilarious.  What is it about Dolly?  I'm not sure, but it is definitely something.  She seems so down to earth and has such a good sense of humor about herself, which I appreciate.  Have you heard her say "it takes a lot of money to look this cheap?"  Hee hee, that kind of self-deprecating humor is endearing, plus she does a bunch of great charitable work.  I'm a fan.  Apparently, Barrett is too. 

So, breakfast was literally a bowlful of cherries with Dolly.  Immediately followed by a bath, to help wash off the cherries, and then his morning nap~~  What a way to start your day.

He loves to watch the water trickle out of his whale bath toy.

3 comments:

  1. That's my little guy! Just loved getting to see the bath pics with pretty water droplets and cherry covered faces. Not at all surprised that he is charmed by Dolly. Who isn't?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Jan...who doesn't love Dolly?! Barrett just has good taste.

    Also, I'm glad to know that Barrett is as messy an eater as Beau! Look at all those cherries on his face - looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Down by the bay (down by the bay) where the watermelon grows (where the watermelon grows)....I've been singing this song ever since I read your post this morning! :)~


    I miss you! AND.....I got pictures for you this week, so I need to send some very fun stuff to you.

    ReplyDelete