Sunday, June 27, 2010

Going, Going, Gone!

After a week on the market, our house sold!  Who-hoo!  Not a minute too soon either, because I hated the "showing your house/leave at a moments notice" process.  We got three full price offers, picked the most favorable one, and made it a done deal.  You would not believe what some folks will try to negotiate into the purchase agreement...
Now that the house is sold, we are focusing most of our attention on getting ready to remodel the new house.  This means lots of comparison shopping between Lowe's and Home Depot.  I wish they were located closer together.  It is fun to chose finishes for the new house, but I'm trying not to rush into any decisions.  I still remember the collective look of horror when we rolled on the green paint in our current kitchen...and supportive attempts like "well....maybe it will dry a different color (awkward silence as everyone stares at wall)."

But I stand behind my green kitchen!!  I have to remind Kristopher to wait to hate something until you see it all together.  He doesn't hate it now.  Still, I want to avoid that particular brand of shocked silence the moment the paint roller hits the wall this time around.  Wish me luck!

Excuse the skeeter bite in between his eyes...those things are the size of butterflies down here.

2 comments:

  1. Yeah picking paint colors has always been tough for me, and I agree - your green kitchen turned out great. But about sweet baby's skeeter bite? Those things may be the size of butterflies, but they don't softly brush against your cheek - more like a rottweiler!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Goodness! Rebecca, he gets cuter everytime I see him! We need a playdate - stat.

    ReplyDelete