Saturday, May 22, 2010

Save the Drama for Your Mama


Sorry for another medical-related post.  Trust me, I'm sick of them too, but I usually write about what is going on, and well, this has been going on forever.  The fever returned to the 101+ range.  I called the doctor to report the new development, per instruction, and the pediatrician saw him asap for a final check for something easy to diagnose (ear infection, cold, etc.) before ordering the next round of tests.  Is it weird that I was hoping for an ear infection?  No such luck. 
At this point, the doctor says it can't just be teething or the elusive "fever virus" I've been hearing about because this has gone way too long, without any real break in fever.  I've even got a fever speadsheet charting each little change.
Now we're scheduled to see the cardiologist first thing on Monday for more detailed tests to make sure the fever isn't heart-related, and then off for his FOURTH round of total blood work up.  And then, probably Tuesday, bone scan and CT abdomen scan.  I hope he doesn't need sedation.  I am absolutely dreading putting my little sweet pea through all of this.  He's already been through so much.  I'm upset about it, so moving right along....in less dramatic news:
  • Barrett waved bye bye for the first REAL time last night!!  To a table of nice and pretty girls at Zippy's.  Figures :)
  • He gobbled up asparagus on the first try!  This is a big surprise.  I usually have to try a new food several times before he'll eat it wholeheartedly.  Especially if it is green.  So far, he's had butternut squash, sweet potatoes, carrots, summer squash, zucchini, sweet peas, apples, bananas, peaches, and asparagus.  Next up, black cherries, bartlett pears, and green beans.
  • He learned how to walk all the way across the kitchen in his walker at Grammy and Grandpa's house!  But only backwards.
  • He thinks it is H-I-L-A-R-O-U-S when daddy hangs him upside down and then swings him back up over his head.
  • Barrett is a 10 min part of a 30 min Children's Hospital TV special that airs this Thurs, May 27th, in the Who Wants to Be a Millionaire time slot.  I'm going to set my Tivo right now...

5 comments:

  1. Good luck with all of Barrett's doctor appointments on Monday and Tuesday. I hope everything turns out to be fine. I will be thinking of yall!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We love you guys so much and will be praying for you. I am so sorry he is having to go through this too... and you too for that matter! :) Lots of hugs from the Watson house...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Meredith and Jen! Y'all are so sweet~

    ReplyDelete
  4. Poor Barrett! I hope the doctors will be able to diagnose him this time and hopefully all of his troubles will go away! We will be thinking of y'all tomorrow and Tuesday! Please let me know if you need anything or if there is anything that we can do for y'all!!

    ReplyDelete