Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Really? All It Takes Is a Balloon?

Kristopher bought Barrett a red heart balloon for Valentine's Day. We clipped it to his bouncer for his amusement and thought it was pretty cute and THEN we realized how fascinated he was. In the past few weeks, he has really started holding objects by himself, turning them in his fingers, and putting them in his mouth if at all possible. The balloon was no exception:


Holding it...


(Please note Sassy's Valentine's dress and bows. She is subtly posing for what she thought were her glamour shots.)








Trying to eat it...













Watching it float away...and waiting for someone to hand it back to him. I think he trained us to play fetch. We did this sequence over and over and over.








I love how Barrett is thrilled and engrossed in what seem like the smallest things. It is SO MUCH fun to find new things to show him just to get his reaction. I'm really starting to understand the sappy "seeing the world through a child's eyes" saying. :) And in the meantime, I'm going to enjoy his satisfaction from a simple balloon. I'm sure it will be tractors and monster trucks soon enough, so I'm relishing the moment now.

3 comments:

  1. good idea. i haven't tried a balloon yet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness I can't believe how much he looks like you, Rebecca, in the last picture! Too too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, I recommend the balloon. Still hasn't gotten old for him!
    Thanks, Jen! Everyone seems to think he looks like Kristopher, so I LOVE it when people say he looks like me too :)

    ReplyDelete