Saturday, December 12, 2009

Whoa Baby!



Guess what?! Last night Barrett slept the night in his crib in the nursery for the very first time! This is a big step (for both him AND me...) ~ he had been sleeping in his cradle in our room until now. We were slowly getting him ready to sleep in the crib by putting him down in there for afternoon naps. Happily, the transition went off without a hitch.
There was just a little crying (me, not him) but I could see him all night thanks to the nifty video monitor. We had the angel montior on him too of course....love this
one! An alarm on the monitor goes off if the baby stops breathing for 30 seconds; it is supposed to help prevent SIDS. It went off SIX TIMES the night he had SVT. We didn't know about the SVT then of course, so we thought it was just malfunctioning because every time it went off, we jumped up to check him and he was breathing again. Turns out, he really stopped breathing for over 30 seconds six times that night. I still can't believe how close we were to something bad and how grateful I am that everything is better now!)
Anyway, the angel monitor now gives me peace of mind.
Sleeping the night in his crib is a big step. He's growing up already, I can't believe it!


This picture is from Barrett's in-crib vantage point. His little stuffed animals are lined up at the foot of the crib.

1 comment:

  1. I know those little animals! Glad they are keeping watch, Barrett . . . .

    ReplyDelete