Saturday, December 12, 2009

Santa Claus is Coming to Town

We took Barrett to meet Santa ~ I guess it was a hit because he didn't cry (despite the long wait and lack of nap). However, Barrett was much more interested in all the lights at Santa's North Pole winter wonderland than Santa himself.

By the way, did you know you can get a letter from the North Pole? You just mail the letter in an envelope addressed to the child, and the postmaster at the North Pole will mail it back to you so it has a "North Pole" return address. Pretty neat! I can show it to him when he's older :) I wrote Barrett's "letter from Santa" with my left hand so he wouldn't detect my handwriting...sneaky, huh? My parents did that for me and my sister when we were little. This is the address:
North Pole Holiday Cancellation, Postmaster
4141 Postmark Drive
Anchorage, AK 99530-9998

Here's some pictures from the visit with Santa -- I think this is how the conversation went:


Santa: Hi baby Barrett! What do you want for Christmas?
Barrett: Oohh...look at those blinky lights over there!


Santa: Wait, Barrett, you need to look over here for the picture. Smile!
Elf #1: (repeatedly calling Barrett's name to get him to look at the camera, shaking sleigh bells at him, and kind of giving me the stink eye for taking pictures with my own camera)
Mrs. Claus: Santa, you just turn sideways so the baby is facing forward.
Elf #1: (more bell shaking and name calling)
End result --

1 comment:

  1. Well, I can certainly understand baby Barrett being more interested in the Winter Wonderland lights than Santa, but just wait till NEXT year . . . (that's okay, sweetie, at least you weren't crying)
    Love, Grammy

    ReplyDelete